Enatel is a fast growing, Christchurch based electronics manufacturer that develops, manufactures and markets a range of power systems and components used in Telecom, IT and industrial applications worldwide.
We are pleased to advertise an exciting opportunity for 3 students to join our R&D team for 10 weeks over the summer period. To qualify you must be:
- Studying science, technology, engineering, design or business at a New Zealand tertiary education institute.
- Studying at NZQA level 7-10: Doctoral Degree, Master’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree; Bachelor Honours Degree; Graduate Diploma; Graduate Certificate, Postgraduate Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma; (Note: Diploma level 7 only); or if study has been completed the closing date of the last semester should be less than 6 months ago.
This is an exclusive programme, aimed at graduates wanting to gain invaluable experience in a successful high-tech environment. The programme offers training in a research and development environment with the possibility of career pathways in both technical and management roles.
Successful applicants will have:
- A passion for working in a high-tech environment.
- Hard working and a team player.
- Problem solving skills
- Report writing experience
- An understanding or experience with
- C++, C#, C
- SW or HW development process.
- Signal Processing
- Electronic Engineering
- General Electronics
- Systems design
There are three possible projects that a successful applicant could be working on.
The first project is with our existing test team to author test documentation, automate tests and carry out manual software tests. The project is to identify and suggest ratification for any areas of improvement for any current testing process in our software testing process.
The second project is more hardware focused and be reviewing what information is available about changing from a passive to active EMI filter. Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of various approaches. Collating this information for review by the hardware development team and construction of concept models if possible
The third project will be responsible for designing, building and documenting the analogue and digital measurements and monitoring circuits (test jigs and fixtures) and software (automated test scripts) used to perform the verification and validation testing of some of our new products.
This is a great opportunity for the right person to work alongside some of the best people in the industry, creating leading edge products.
Please send a cover letter with an up to date CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Summer Student” in the subject line.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or hold a valid NZ work visa.