Check out our current opportunities
Enatel is an exciting, fast growing hi-tech company based in Christchurch, New Zealand.
To meet this growth, we have many opportunities available for talented and dedicated employees across fields of:
As a New Zealand accredited employer, we are committed to providing a safe work environment that respects the culture and values of our employees. You’ll also have opportunities for success and growth with training and development programs.
We strive to get the best out of each other and take the time to help people. Enatel is a great place to work and I love my job.
Angela Bennett - Payroll Administrator
We have a great team of very talented people. We achieve a lot and are always looking at new technologies to create truly world-leading products.
David Ruddenklau - Electronics Engineer
At Enatel, people are encouraged to push themselves and that empowerment has allowed us to develop industry-defining products.
Damien O' Regan - VP – Product Strategy & Business Development
Senior Embedded Linux SW Engineer
Our C++ Linux Developer is responsible for writing and architecting code for our embedded products. The role is primarily responsible for designing and developing applications and to coordinate with the rest of the software team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
You will be working as part of a team that develops, supports and improves existing and new products.
You will come up to speed with product knowledge and have a good overall understanding of the products, how they are used by customers and understand the industries in which they are deployed.
As a software engineer you will be involved at every stage of development from requirements gathering to final validation and stakeholder approval of features.
You will become a developer that can be relied on as a technical and product knowledge consultant by both the software team itself and other parts of the business such as product managers and sales staff.
You will proactively identify ways of improving our processes and tools as we continue our CI/DevOps journey, and help plan and carry out changes to make these happen.
The successful applicant would be expected to have good experience with:
Not necessary but advantageous:
For for more detailed job description please read more here:
Working for us:
Being part of the Enatel team means joining us on our growth and success pathway. We work hard and celebrate our successes company-wide, as well as offering a number of training and development opportunities for our staff. Enatel is committed to providing a safe work environment with respect for the culture and values of our people. In addition to our dynamic attitude, we are friendly, down-to-earth people who know how to get things done.
Think you would like to join us?
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, then act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior SW Engineer” in the subject line.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Want to work for a leading-edge, globally recognised company? Looking for a challenge where you can develop your skills with an experienced and fun group of people?
Enatel is a successful high-tech business located in Wigram, Christchurch, specialising in the development and manufacture of products used in telecommunications, IT, solar and industrial applications around the world. We strive to be ahead of the game and pride ourselves on being so.
Scope of Role:
To plan, develop and conduct tests on our products to verify they conform to specification.
• Work with design engineers to develop test requirements for new and existing products.
• Design hardware and software to implement test solutions that meet all requirements.
• Perform development testing and final verification testing. Includes performing in-house tests and co-ordinating testing at external test houses.
• Write Test Reports.
• Document and continuously improve Test Systems and methods.
• Keep abreast of technology trends and technical issues relating to test methods and strategies.
• Assist with research and understand compliance requirements and keep up to date with necessary and relevant global and product related compliance standards.
• Experience using a broad range of R&D Test Equipment.
• Experience implementing automated test procedures using LabVIEW (preferred).
• Familiarity with hardware/software development life cycles and working in a team environment on new product development projects.
• Experience using Microsoft Office tools.
• Proficient in writing reports.
• Experience writing and executing test plans and procedures.
• Ability to compile and analyse test data to identify product issues, changes required to test systems/procedures and identify new test requirements.
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, then act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Test Engineer” in the subject line.
Scope of Role:
The compliance engineer position is responsible for resolving compliance issues in engineering and design. You will be responsible for creating compliance programs and executing them, as well as documentation and recommending process changes.
Collaborate with engineers and designers to ensure all products are completely compliant and no issues arise, market by market evaluation will be required.
• Work with design engineers to develop test requirements for new and existing products
• Development testing and final verification testing;
-Includes performing in-house tests, via test Eng
-Co-ordinating testing at external test houses
• Research and analyse current processes to design compliance programs
• Integrate compliance programs and ensure their organisation and success
• Establish compliance test standards, perform diagnostic procedures and troubleshooting, and analyze findings
• Isolate non-compliance issues and pursue resolution
• Record test results to document compliance
• Prepare and present compliance reports with analysis of measurements, statistics, and other data
• Update compliance knowledge as requirements chance by tracking and researching emerging practices
• Work with compliance test laboratories and closely with our product design teams from early development through to start of production to ensure products are tested and meet global product standards: support a ‘design for compliance’ approach
• Become a source of compliance and technical expertise for global standards and legislation across a wide range of products
• Work closely with global teams to plan and test products to international standards and provide accurate and detailed reports to support project development
• Work closely with external suppliers and testing organisations to coordinate and manage test programs
• Lead product category test activities and develop new test methods as required for new projects
• Ensure compliance testing activities run smoothly using effective planning and reporting tools.
• Maintain compliance register both new and historic products
Skills and Qualifications:
• Experience with a range of compliance standards, including but not limited to UL, CE, FCC, TUV, REACH, Safety; RED
• Experience using a broad range of R&D Test Equipment
• Familiarity with hardware/software development life cycles and working in a team environment on new product development projects
• Experience using Microsoft Office tools
• Experience writing and executing test plans and procedures
• Ability to compile and analyse test data to identify product issues, changes required to test systems/procedures and identify new test requirements
• Ability to work independently and within a team environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Tertiary Electronics qualification (e.g. B.E, NZCE) or equivalent
• Must have excellent multitasking and time management skills
• Degree or equivalent in an electrical/electronic engineering or related subject
• The ability to interpret technical documentation and clearly communicate requirements and give guidance
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent communication and reporting skills.
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, then act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Compliance Engineer” in the subject line.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
Electronics Production Technician
Enatel is a world-leading specialist in the design and manufacture of a range of standby power solutions used in telecommunications, networking, wireless and industrial industries. It also produces grid-tied solar inverters for the renewable energy sector and motive power chargers for the industrial battery sector.
Enatel offers excellent training and development, as well as a fantastic culture of people, social events and well being support.
Key responsibilities for this role:
• Assembly and test on Manufacturing products
• Fault diagnosis on all production faults
• Testing and Repairing of manufacturing products
• Submit BOM updates to engineering and follow through
• Respond to production problems
• Report FPY to engineer and TL
• Assist with production approval process
• Build new product prototype according to build sheet
• Quality checking and inspecting
• Identification of fault trends and reporting changes to management
• Evaluate facts and make decisions
• Good communication skills
• Ability to desolder & solder through hole and SMT components
• Read and understand schematic diagrams and overlays
• Ability to fault find at board level
• Sound knowledge of electrical theory and anti-static precautions
• Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word
• Proficient in English, both oral and written
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to work both in a team and independently
• Positive attitude
Monday – Thursday 8:00am – 4:40pm
Friday 7:00am – 2:40pm
If you have what it takes to fill this exciting position please send your CV by email to email@example.com with “Production Technician” in the subject line.
– Applications must include Resume/CV.
– Indicate what type of passport you currently hold and whether you hold a visa allowing you to work in New Zealand for more than 12 months.
SMT Operator – Afternoon Shift
Scope of Role:
Support the running of the SMT machines insuring quality standards are met and targets are achieved.
Monday – Thursday 3:20pm – 12:00am
Friday: 2:20pm – 10:00pm
SMT Machine Operation
• Operation of SMT machine
• Setting up of machines for production runs
• Changing of components
• Applying solder paste to boards
• Inspection of assembled product for faults
• Control of Stencils
• SMT quality record maintenance
• Train backup/relief staff member
SMT Hand Placement
• Operation of the SMT hand placement apparatus
• Inspection of assembled product for faults
• Train backup/relief staff member
SMT Stock Control
• Notifying Store Controller of installation of the last reel of any part (except customer supplied parts)
• Control of solder paste and consumables inventory
SMT Machine Maintenance
• Periodic preventive maintenance of the SMT machines
• Monitoring of machine reject/fault rate
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, then act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SMT Operator” in the subject line.