Enatel Ltd is a fast growing high-tech business, specialising in the development and manufacture of products used in telecommunications, IT, solar and industrial applications around the world. We strive to be ahead of the game, and pride ourselves on being so.
The role includes development work but isn’t a full time developer role. However, you will be responsible for maintaining, supporting and upgrading internally developed applications in use within our environment as and when required. These mostly use C# and MySQL.
All members of the IT department are required to support the devices and users within the environment so you must have good communication skills and the ability to think on your feet. You must be able to train and convey technical information to non-technical staff members. You have to be comfortable working under desks, at height, using tools, carrying equipment, assembling computers and even assisting with simple tasks such as changing toner. We try to do as much as we can with in-house resource wherever possible.
The IT administrator will be required to maintain, upgrade, develop, configure, deploy and support systems in our internal IT environment as required by the IT manager.
• Dealing with day to day questions or issues raised by staff or identified by IT in a timely manner
• Building, deploying, configuring and updating of desktops, laptops, portable devices and the applications on each
• Developing and documenting software in C# with MySQL and MSSQL databases to provide customised in-house software solutions
• Researching, testing, configuring and deploying new solutions to improve the IT environment or assist with issues / annoyances staff have, including developing proposals to present to the IT Manager
• Root cause analysis of issues and to diagnose and repair them in a timely manner
• Self-management of time and priorities
• Filling in for the IT Manager when he is unavailable
Our environment includes the following technologies which you will need to be familiar with: Office, Windows desktops, Windows servers, Linux desktops, Linux servers, Exchange, MSSQL, MySQL, VMware, C# and Visual Studio.
Working for us:
Being part of the Enatel team means joining us on our growth and success pathway. We work hard and celebrate our successes company-wide, as well as offering a number of training and development opportunities for our staff. Enatel is committed to providing a safe work environment with respect for the culture and values of our people. In addition to our dynamic attitude, we are friendly, down-to-earth people who know how to get things done.
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity than act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “IT Administrator” in the subject line.
/// <summary>For bonus points, include the answer
/// to the question below in your cover letter.
/// <para>I wonder what the TXT record for the return value
/// of puzzle(“jobapplication”) would show?</para>
private string puzzle(string question)
var answer = “txtrecord.enatel.net”;
string s1 = “it”;
string company = “www.enatel.net”;
if (question.IndexOf(answer) >= 10)
return company.Replace(company.Substring(0, s1.Length + 1),
return s1 + company.Substring(3);
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.