Enatel Ltd is a fast growing Christchurch based electronics manufacturer that develops, manufactures and markets a range of power systems and components used in Telecom, IT and industrial applications worldwide.
Due to continued growth and some new IT projects, we’re looking for a systems administrator to join our IT department. This role has been created because the IT manager will be heavily involved in an ERP project so a mid-senior level person is required to help fill the gap. This is also a bit of a hands on role with a jack of all trades element to it. A minimum of 2 years’ experience is required in a similar role and 5 years’ in IT.
All members of the IT department are required to support the devices and users within the environment so you must have good communication skills and the ability to think on your feet. You must be able to train and convey technical information to non-technical staff members. You will need to be able to come up with solutions to problems and present them to the department or to other staff within the business.
The systems administrator will be required to maintain, upgrade, develop, configure and deploy systems for our IT environment.
- Dealing with day to day questions or issues raised by staff or identified by IT in a timely manner.
- Self-management of time and priorities.
- Managing, monitoring, configuring and updating our internal and external servers and other hardware in use within the environment.
- Researching, testing, configuring and deploying new solutions to improve the IT environment or assist with issues / annoyances staff have, including developing proposals to present to the IT team, project teams or management.
- Root cause analysis of issues and to diagnose and repair them in a timely manner.
- Risk assessment, patching, updates and IT security tasks required to minimise IT risk and exposure.
- Scripting, automation, reporting and development of applications for internal systems and cloud hosted solutions. Includes small applications in C# integrating with ERP and other core systems utilising SQL databases.
- Building, deploying, configuring, updating, training and support of desktops, servers, laptops, portable devices and the applications on each.
- Representing the IT department in meetings when the IT Manager is unavailable. Able to communicate the strategies and solutions that fit within the requirements of the project, IT objectives and plans, company direction, vision and values.
- Other IT tasks and projects as required.
- Excellent written and verbal English, interpersonal skills and communication.
- Excellent analytical skills and root cause analysis. Must be able to think outside the box and come up with innovative solutions to problems that require quick resolution. Ability to fix the root cause when it doesn’t impact users.
- Excellent understanding of desktop and server operating systems and applications, including Windows Server, Active Directory, Group Policy, DNS, DHCP, Exchange, Ubuntu Server.
- Basic physical skills such as running cables, terminating network connections and mounting devices. Not afraid to work at height.
- Understanding of Visual Studio, C#, .Net, HTML, PHP, MySQL, MSSQL, PowerShell and bash and any associated applications from both a developer and administration point of view.
Not necessary but advantageous:
- Office 365 and ERP experience.
Enatel operates a Monday to Friday business with hours of operation supported on site by IT between 8AM and 5PM. There is no on call or overtime requirement for this role, however, some flexibility around hours when very occasional after hours work is required would be good.
If you have what it takes to fill this exciting position then act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “IT Systems Administrator” in the subject line.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.