Enatel Ltd is a fast growing high-tech business, specialising in the development and manufacture of products used in telecommunications, IT, solar and industrial applications around the world. We strive to be ahead of the game, and pride ourselves on being so.
Scope of Role:
You will be working as part of a team the develops\supports and improves existing and new products.
You will come up to speed with product knowledge and have a good overall understanding of the products, how they are used by customers and understand the industries in which they are deployed.
As a software engineer you are involved at every stage of development from requirements gathering to final validation and approval of features.
You will become a developer that can be relied on as a technical and product knowledge consultant by both the software team itself and other parts of the business such as product managers and sales staff.
- You will assist or drive the gathering of requirements, scoping software tasks, and be interactive at the levels of idea conception, architecture, and implementation.
- You will be working with other related engineering disciplines (both software and hardware).
- You will take ownership of validating any software you develop, in conjunction with test engineers and ultimate stakeholders.
- You will be assisting with the identification of issues in existing software and implementing the solution.
- You will be responsible for your own personal development in the ever-evolving software engineering discipline.
- You will be responsible for identifying any internal tooling required and implementing tooling if required.
- You will be involved with technical support and potentially discussing issues with customers.
Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to work independently within a team environment
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Displays a positive attitude and a team focus
Experience & Knowledge:
- Familiarity with software development life cycles and working in a team environment on new product development projects
Qualification / Licenses:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
Working for us:
Being part of the Enatel team means joining us on our growth and success pathway. We work hard and celebrate our successes company-wide, as well as offering a number of training and development opportunities for our staff. Enatel is committed to providing a safe work environment with respect for the culture and values of our people. In addition to our dynamic attitude, we are friendly, down-to-earth people who know how to get things done.
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity then act now by forwarding you CV and cover letter to email@example.com quoting reference â€˜Junior SW Engineer’ in the subject line.
– Applications must include a cover letter and CV
– Indicate whether you hold a visa allowing you to work in New Zealand for more than 12 months, please attach a copy of your working visa with your application
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.