Want to work for a leading-edge, globally recognised company? Looking for a challenge where you can develop your skills with an experienced and fun group of people?
Enatel is a successful high-tech business located in Wigram, Christchurch, specialising in the development and manufacture of products used in telecommunications, IT, solar and industrial applications around the world. We strive to be ahead of the game and pride ourselves on being so.
Scope of Role:
This is an exciting role for a Systems Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. You’ll need a strong background in DC Power Engineering. Enjoy working within a team of smart, motivated people.
New Product Development:
This involves complete development cycle from Research, Design Concepts, Prototyping, Development, QA & Testing, Deployment, Support & Maintenance and Performance Tuning.
- Design and build prototype systems
- Sourcing of systems components locally and overseas
- Make Bill of materials using MRP
- Make work & assembly instructions
- Construction of test methods/procedures
- Perform/co-ordinate systems testing – from complete system testing to specific monitor software functionality testing
- Assist Writing System or sub assembly manuals
Provide technical responses to tenders & quotations worldwide:
- Writing up clause-by-clause responses to tenders
- Take customer requirements and turn them into technical proposals consisting of Layout and Schematic Diagrams
- Creating 2D and 3D drawings using Microsoft Visio and Solid edge
- Provide costing and cost difference analysis as per required Bill of materials
- Make production build sheets, work instructions & assembly instructions
- Assist Writing technical bulletins for product or test routine enhancements
Customer Support & training:
- Provide support to customers relating to specification, installation & maintenance of Enatel Power Supply products and provide training from time to time.
- Tertiary qualification in Electronics/Power electronics Engineering
- Preference will be given to Engineers with previous experience in DC Power Engineering
- Excellent communication and organisation skills
- Self-motivated, organised and project driven. You must have the right attitude and team player
- A working knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Visio, Excel etc
Working for us:
Being part of the Enatel team means joining us on our growth and success pathway. We work hard and celebrate our successes company-wide, as well as offering a number of training and development opportunities for our staff. Enatel is committed to providing a safe work environment with respect for the culture and values of our people. In addition to our dynamic attitude, we are friendly, down-to-earth people who know how to get things done.
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, then act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Systems Engineer” in the subject line.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.