Roles like this don’t come along every day!
Leading from the front is what we do. As 2018 NZ High Tech Award winners and a company with over 15 years of proven success, Enatel leads the forefront in high-tech products that are sold successfully all over the world.
Our Front End Developer position is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to add their DNA to a role that offers more than just web application development.
At Enatel you’ll be working with our highly skilled software team on the configuration interfaces and data visualisations of the products we ship. By developing the most visible part of our software you have the opportunity to create and see the final result of leading edge, successful products.
Surrounded by a team of stars, you’ll learn from the best and be part of a high performing, well oiled machine.
Enatel offers excellent training and development, as well as a fantastic culture of people, social events and well being support.
Advantageous: understanding software engineering patterns, designs, best practices, understanding testing methodologies and taking a modular development approach in your work.
- Deliver software products on time (meet deadlines)
- Engage in technical/architectural discussions and decision making with the rest of the team
- Assist contractors with integration of their work into our products
- Discuss new requirements with product managers and other product stakeholders
- Carry out proper testing of your work, and assist with testing, and liaise with the test team
- Author unit tests for your code
- Produce code of a high standard, and employ modern software development techniques
- Attend and contribute in product development meetings
- Ensure you are up to date with latest relevant tools\technologies
- Assist in continuous improvement of software development process and tooling
- Any other responsibilities as requested from your manager
- 5+ Years’ Experience in building web/browser-based applications
- Experience with responsive design
- Application of OO concepts, and proven OO development used in conjunction with MVC/MVVM frameworks
- Good familiarity of code version control tools such as GIT (preferably)
- Basic knowledge of Linux command line and shell scripting
- A good and well-practiced UX/Usability design approach including creating mock-ups and concepts etc.
- Experience with graphics, including SVG, HTML5 Canvas and data visualisation (ideally D3.js)
Not necessary but advantageous:
- Interest in keeping up to date with new and developing technologies for web development
- Experience authenticating with 3rd party services using protocols (OAuth)
Health & Safety:
- Ensuring all Health & Safety policies and rules are followed, with all tasks completed in a safety conscious manner
- Adhere to all health and safety policies whether at our Christchurch premises or abroad
Working for us:
Being part of the Enatel team means joining us on our growth and success pathway. We work hard and celebrate our successes company-wide, as well as offering a number of training and development opportunities for our staff. Enatel is committed to providing a safe work environment with respect for the culture and values of our people. In addition to our dynamic attitude, we are friendly, down-to-earth people who know how to get things done.
Think you would like to join us?
If you want to seize this exciting opportunity, then act now by forwarding your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with “Front End Developer” in the subject line.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa